Thursday 14 March 2013

CA 2 - Design

The Design

Since starting in IADT we were introduced to Dribbble. Dribbble is a community of graphic and web designers. Work is uploaded to showcase or to receive feedback. I frequently browse the site looking for ideas and  inspiration. I also use a app for mac called Dropmark which allows me to save these in collections. 

In my last site I used a Typekit font 'Museo Sans' , one downside to typekit is that it wont work on a local host. Instead I used google fonts. Very easy to apply and works on a local host. The fonts I used are 'Droid Sans' and 'Pacifico'.

I had the idea of a NAV similar to the Facebook slider but this turned out to be a lot of work. I designed up a NAV that was similar across all devices and easy to use. 

NAV Sketch 

NAV PSD























One idea that is seen on many portfolio sites is the idea of a timeline. Except most of these are simply background images with DIV's positioned absolutely to it, I wanted to create one with CSS (not an easy task).







No comments:

Post a Comment