Tuesday 11 December 2012

Integrated CA - Introduction

Our first major CA in first year is to design a website based on a topic from the Contemporary Issues in Multimedia class. The topic is of human development and I choose to base my website on cyber bullying. In recent months it has got a lot of publicity from various deaths of young females relating to being bullied on social networks. I researched various sites about cyber bullying and found them badly designed and the information extremely hard to follow especially for kids. I want to create a clean and stylish website that presents it information in a way that is easy to understand.

Creating a web page is inexpensive so every one attempts it. This has created a wave of web pages that are badly designed and follow no structure. I wanted to a consistent site so I picked a colour scheme to use (fig 1) and also I found a font that I really liked and would suit the site (fig 2)

Having come from SCD I have experience with HTML and CSS but I have very little with the design principles of web design. In recent months I have grown a strong interest in web design and daily check out some sites for inspiration.


fig1

fig 2












No comments:

Post a Comment