Tuesday 11 December 2012

Intergrated CA - Wire framing / Sketches

This is my first Web Page since I completed first year in SCD. One thing I did then was when I had an idea I coded it up hoping it would work. Most of the time it was wrong and usually took a lot of time. 

Since starting this course I have realised the importance of wire framing and sketching any ideas I have (I'm a terrible drawer). When I like the ideas I have sketched, I then design it in photoshop with the exact dimensions I am going to use in the site (apart from the height). Since doing this not only am I creating web pages quicker but I feel I am creating better web pages. I have also discovered the ruler tool in photoshop which is extremely handy for giving exact measurements between points. Another tool I use is the slice tool to cut any images I need. 

For the layout of the site I used the 960 grid PSD. It is extremely useful to ensure a well laid out web site.  

Below is an example of one of the sketches I did for the site and the design I did in photoshop.


Sketch
Design

No comments:

Post a Comment